Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dad and friends come by

I was still feeling a bit ouchy this morning when I woke up, but not too bad. The hubby insisted I take a pain pill, so I obliged (took the anti-nausea pill 1st). I felt pretty good, but had to keep telling myself to rest, as I didn't want to overdo it. I am not so great with just laying around all day either though. So I did the best I could to keep busy, using mostly my R arm cleaning up. My Dad was coming over this morning, then I had a couple friends coming over shortly afterwards (to make Christmas cookies!). The visit was nice with my Dad. He seems to be coping better now. I was worried about him for a while there, but now things seem to be evening out/calming down. Things are kind of in a holding pattern for now, until we see what the results are from the lymph node surgery yesterday. I will be so happy to finally KNOW what the plan is going to be. All of this not knowing has been the worst.
My friends Patty and Joanie came over to visit. Joanie bought me a cute hat--------------------------------------->
...and some dinner (sloppy joes - Thanks Tom!, salad). Patty spent the entire time here making Christmas Cookies! 2 kinds (Peanut butter kiss and thumbprints). She was so cute feverishly baking away while my Dad and Joanie took turns with funny banter/inappropriate conversations. Thanks for the cookies Patty!! I'm not sure if any of them will make it to a Christmas gathering, but my family are sure gobbling them up! :)


Joanie pretending to help make cookies.


I don't think I've mentioned this before, but my girlfriends bought me a Pandora bracelet, and intend to give me beads for the bracelet for each milestone in my treatment. So far they gave me a pink ribbon bead that first night, a bead that has pink enamel hearts (for my oncology team meeting), and they brought me over a new silver heart bead (in honor of my lymph node surgery yesterday). It's a beautiful sentiment, but will also serve as a remembrance for all that I have gone through as well. 

3 comments:

  1. I am an Ang blog SUPA STAR!!! I am glad you didn't give a full transcript of your dad and my "banter" LMAO!!! Love Don!! He is a "character", as you say. But a sweetheart too. You can tell that he thinks you hung the moon <3
    Such a nice day. I know there is work to be done and cancer ass to be kicked, but it was nice to laugh, make (ummmm, eat) cookies and be silly. Medicine for all our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea with the Pandora bracelet!! You will treasure that for sure!! Praying for good results :) I will be making those cookies as well... probably this weekend! Keep your chin up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a picture of you where you aren't smiling.Some would call that weird. I call it star quality. Keep smiling,superstar!

    ReplyDelete