Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Update from the surgeon:

K, here is the latest...I already knew there were "isolated tumor cells" in the lymph node. After doing some research, it looks like many doctors treat that as a "negative" result (the same way they treat the "all clear" result in the lymph node. So, I guess the news about my lymph nodes could be worse. I was, of course, holding out hope for the "all clear" from the lymph node surgery, but I guess having the best of the 2 kinds of bad news is a small consolation. :) The issue I have with the docs treating the "ISOLATED tumor cells" as if they are "all clear", is that there is research that many doctors UNDER TREAT when there are only isolated cells. I am worried about that, of course.
So...I got the "official" call today from the surgeon's office (an NP actually), who said, That the results from my lymph nodes were "negative" (liar...but whatever - LOL). Anyways..the GOOD news is that they said I have the go-ahead to schedule the surgery, with immediate reconstruction. And...no radiation. GOOD NEWS. (As long as I am not being "under-treated", that is) . I am awaiting a call from the scheduler to let me know when I will have my surgery (the big one - double mastectomy, with the 1st part of reconstruction). I thought I was a patient person...turns out - I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment